Clarity Tax Law

Entrepreneur Visas for Coming to the United States

4 Entrepreneur Visas for Coming to the United States

There are a good number of different visa categories for traveling to the United States of America. However, we are highlighting 4 of them in this article. Read and feel free to leave comments, questions and messages.

Entrepreneur Visa #1: E2 Visa

The E2 visa is a non-immigrant visa, but a great option for entrepreneurs. The basic concept of the E2 visa is that it allows you to invest money into a US business and run the business. This visa category is only available to people from certain countries. Your country of citizenship must have an E2 treaty with the United States. This visa can also allow for your spouse and children to get US immigration benefits. Your spouse can get work authorization and your children can attend US schools.

Entrepreneur Visa #2: EB-5 Visa

Another great option for entrepreneurs is the EB-5 visa. The EB-5 visa is similar to the E2 visa, with a few key differences. The basic concept of the EB-5 visa is that it allows you to get a green card to the US for yourself, your spouse, and your children under 21 years old, based on making an investment in a US company and creating jobs in the US. You must invest at least $500,000 in a new commercial enterprise to be eligible, amongst other requirements.

Entrepreneur Visa #3: L1 Visa

The L1 visa is another non-immigrant visa. It allows a foreign company to transfer a manager or an executive to an affiliated US company. The US company must have a qualifying relationship with the foreign company (such as a parent/subsidiary relationship, branch office, or affiliate relationship). For entrepreneurs looking to start a business in the US, the L1 visa allows the foreign company to transfer a manager or executive to the US to work for a new office.

Entrepreneur Visa #4: EB1C Visa

This is an immigrant visa that, as a businessman or woman, you may also wish to consider the EB1C visa. It is basically the immigrant version of the L1 visa and qualifies for a green card.


Originally written by Ashoori Law